Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

I can't believe that so much can happen or change in a matter of a few days! It all started with Monday. I finally deemed myself ready to go back to work, and bravely accepted a job at Monaco Middle School. I got up and got ready even putting on makeup and high heels ( a first since Coda was born) I was a little bummed to miss Cade's first day of preschool but excited to teach again. I was almost at the school when a crossing guard stepped out and a bunch of cars including myself stopped at a crosswalk on Lake Mead, just past Nellis. I had completely stopped for a few moments when I heard someone slam on their breaks. All I did was close my eyes and she crashed into the back of my car pushing me several feet forward. We both were able to get out and I called the police. I felt bad for her because she was scared to death, but I wish she would have been paying attention. My bumper is snapped in several places and my rear tires are both pointed inward. Her car was totalled the hood was smashed so high up she couldn't see out the windshield which had also shattered. The police officers that came were very nice, and she took full responsibility saying she slammed on the accelerator instead of the break on accident. However the cops did ask me about the sticker on my car.
Needless to say I didn't make it to work as I started getting headaches and called in. I got home just in time to see Cade before he went to preschool. He was so excited he had been up since around 6 o'clock, and he was sure we were going to make him late for his first day.
Cade absolutely loved his school and to celebrate we went out to dinner with my parents. This boy can make me laugh no matter how upset I may be. First he told us he was just an "eating machine" And he wasn't playing he ate a pizza, salad with croutons(his favorite) fruit, french fries, jell-o, and ice cream with gummies! We finally told him we were leaving so he would stop! Then in the car he began to discuss marriage with us. He determined that he would like to marry his grandma. We laughed and forgot about it until I asked him why he had taken off his shoes in the truck. He replied" Sorry I just got freaked out thinking about marrying Gram" Don't know why that made his shoes fall off but OK! That night I told him I was worried about him not reading books like he used to. So I guess to prove to me he still loves to read, this is how I caught him minutes later.
Tuesday was less eventful filled with insurance companies and a visit to UMC for the dizzy spells I keep getting, and pain in my shoulder. The doctor said take Motrin and everything will go away. I hope he's right. As we laid down to bed Cade let's me know that all the other kid's in preschool had lunch boxes and backpacks, and maybe someday he would be lucky enough to have them too.

Wednesday- woke up early to be at Target when they opened to get a backpack and lunchbox. This ended up being very great because all school stuff was 50% off so I was glad we had waited! When I got home he was all ready for school, when I showed him his new Spiderman "stuff" he happily exclaimed "Hooray they match my new underwear!" (which they do :) We are so glad he is doing well in preschool. He really likes it and asked all the kids in his class to be in the buddy club, which is a good thing, I think. I'm so worn out and ready for this week to be over, but alas we have two appointments to finish out the week. I'm thinking about just sleeping all day Saturday!

6 comments:

jamie carter said...

man, when i need a good laugh, i know where to come. cade is hillarious. that picture of him on the pot is priceless.
sorry about the accident. that just stinks. hope the doctor's right and your pain and dizziness are gone very soon.

Calie said...

Yeah I don't know where he gets his crazy ideas from! That picture is going to be the one he hates 10 years from now!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

oh that just stinks about your car.

so are you still going to work at that school?

love the picture of cade...

jodie@eighteen25 said...

Isn't it crazy that on a normal day, you would've had two little lovies in the back of your car. So glad that wasn"t the case. I'm so glad you are okay and I hope those symptoms go away very soon.

Cade is a silly boy!

Awburn Sedillo said...

i'm sorry to hear about your week. jodie was right, it was a blessing the kids weren't in the car. gald to hear your ok.
i just love cade's little sense of humor. so cute. and him reading his book, thats a good one to show his future girlfriends. ha ha.

Casey said...

Calie! Oh my gosh! Jayson and I were so excited to hear from you!! You have the most adorable kids! Awwwwww. It looks like life is going well....except for your poor car. :-) We'll have to give you a call next time we're in Vegas!!